The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: PSG demand €50m for Kimpembe deal
Paris Saint-Germain should demand a transfer fee of 50 million euros if they want to leave the defender Presnel Kimpembe leave this summer, reveals Foot Mercato.
The Ligue 1 outfit are ready to move on to the 26-year-old centre-back, who came through the club academy before making his professional debut for PSG in 2015, and it is reported that Juventus and Chelsea are on the way. interest both.
Kimpembe has been a key player in recent seasons, having made 30 Ligue 1 appearances last year, while he is also a regular in the France squad. He could be open to a Premier League switch to Stamford Bridge, where Thomas Tuchel is looking to bolster a losing defensive line Andreas Christensen and Antonio Rudigeralthough there is also uncertainty as to whether Cesar Azpilicueta will stay in London.
And amid speculation that Juventus could part ways with Matthijs de Ligtwho has also been linked with Chelsea, Kimpembe could be his successor at the Allianz Stadium if the club opens negotiations at PSG’s starting point.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
09.01 BST: Tottenham Hotspur have finalized the signing of Richarlison from Everton, it was announced on Friday.
Sources told ESPN on Thursday that Spurs are closing in on signing the Brazilian striker for a club-record fee of around £60million. ESPN also reported Spurs are likely to pay £50m with up to £10m in add-ons.
Richarlison, 25, scored 10 goals and assisted five times in 30 Premier League games for Everton last season as the club narrowly avoided relegation with a 16th-place finish. He has scored 53 times in 152 appearances for the Merseyside club since joining in 2018 from Watford – who are due to receive 10% of any fee above £40m for the striker.
Richarlison joins Spurs as their fourth summer signing, alongside Fraser Forster, Ivan Perisic and Yves Bisouma.
09:00 BST: Neymar is considering leaving Paris Saint-Germain this summer, sources have told ESPN, after finding out the club are happy with his departure.
Contact has been made with Chelsea, one of the few clubs capable of signing Neymar, as new owner Todd Boehly is keen to make a big statement in the transfer market this summer.
Meanwhile, his Brazilian teammate and close friend Thiago Silva spoke in favor of Neymar joining him at Stamford Bridge. However, it remains to be seen whether Chelsea and Thomas Tuchel want to recruit the 30-year-old.
Neymar’s agent Pini Zahavi is trying hard to identify other potential suitors but he is aware that only two or three teams could come close to the money Neymar earns at PSG.
08:39 BST: Barcelona have made a third offer worth over €40m for the striker Robert Lewandowski but have received no response from Bayern Munich, sources have told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.
Lewandowski, 33, said in May that his “history at Bayern is over” and wants to leave the club as he enters the final year of his contract, which expires in 2023.
Barca have made the Polish striker their main target this summer, with coach Xavi Hernandez confirming in May that he hopes to complete a deal. However, the Catalan club have so far failed to convince Bayern to start negotiations over a possible transfer.
Sources told ESPN last week that Barca’s opening bid fell short of €40m but their latest offer is worth more than that amount, including fixed fees and add-ons.
Bayern chief executive Oliver Kahn has publicly insisted they plan to keep Lewandowski and he should return for pre-season training on July 12.
Lewandowski, who scored 344 goals in 375 games for Bayern, remains on vacation in Spain with his family. On Wednesday, photographs revealed that he and Barca coach Xavi were at Lio, an exclusive port club on the island of Ibiza.
08:00 BST: Paris Saint-Germain have signed the much-loved Portuguese midfielder Vitor “Vitinha” Ferreira of Porto, announced Thursday the champions of France.
PSG have triggered the player’s €40m release clause to eliminate competition from Premier League clubs and land the 22-year-old.
Vitinha, 22, has put pen to paper on a five-year deal. The Portugal international played a starring role at Porto, starting in 27 league appearances to help the Dragoes winning the league title last season.
Craig Burley talks about Romelu Lukaku’s time at Chelsea and his return to Inter Milan on loan.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– PSG are looking to land the Internazionale defender Milan Skriniar, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. The two clubs have been locked in talks in recent weeks, with PSG having identified the 27-year-old Slovakian international centre-back as a key target this summer.
– Sergio Romero want a return to Old Trafford, reports Manchester Evening News. Despite leaving Manchester United last year, it is understood that the 35-year-old Venice goalkeeper is keen to return to the club as a replacement for David de Gea. New coach Erik ten Hag is currently looking for an alternative with Dean Henderson closing in on a loan switch to Nottingham Forest.
– AC Milan are interested in landing Neymar, according to UOL Esporte. Amid reports that PSG are ready to allow the Brazil international to leave on loan if they fail to reach an agreement on a permanent transfer, the Rossoneri hope the Parc des Princes hierarchy would be willing to offer them a ‘goodwill’ deal to make the move possible. The 30-year-old striker scored 19 goals in 22 Ligue 1 appearances last season.
– Nice are in the hunt for a goalkeeper this summer, and they are looking to see if they can secure a transfer for the Borussia Mönchengladbach star Yann Sommer, reveals Gianluca Di Marzio. The 33-year-old Swiss international is believed to be top of the Ligue 1 club’s shortlist, and it looks like they will be looking to capitalize on his contract situation, with just one year remaining on the deal he signed in back. 2019.
– Arturo Vidal received a formal contract offer from Boca Juniors, according to TYC Sports. The Argentina-based outlet reports that he was offered a three-year contract which starts with 18 months before an option clause offered the option of extending it to three years. The 35-year-old midfielder became a free agent after his contract with Inter expired on Thursday.