The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: De Ligt on Man Utd’s radar
Manchester United have contacted Matthijs de Ligt’Juventus representatives are looking to orchestrate a move for Juventus centre-back, reports BILD.
Having worked with the 22-year-old Dutch international during his time at Ajax Amsterdam, United manager Erik ten Hag is hopeful he can persuade de Ligt from Old Trafford, although the player has also been linked with Chelsea and Bayern Munich. .
The Bundesliga side have recently stepped up their pursuit of him, aware of his desire to leave in search of a new challenge this summer, but have still not reached an agreement over a fee with the Bianconeriwho would have set a valuation of 70 million euros.
The Red Devils would be able to make an official contract offer to De Ligt if they meet those requirements, but whether he accepts the terms at Old Trafford will depend on Bayern’s decision to match their offer.
De Ligt joined Juventus from Ajax in 2019 for an initial fee of €75million, and has two years left on his current deal.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Chelsea have contacted representatives of Robert Lewandowski as their new owners continue to seek a marquee signing this summer, writes TalkSport. The Blues are keen on signing a striker but aware of the 33-year-old striker’s desire to join Barcelona, they are also considering the Napoli star. Victor Osimhen As an option. Osimhen, 23, scored 18 goals in all competitions last season, and reports suggest a sum of around €100m would be needed to persuade Napoli to part ways with him.
– Manchester City are preparing talks on a new contract for Riyadh Mahrezrevealed fabrice romano. As Rahim Sterling approaching a move to Chelsea, it looks like Pep Guardiola is looking to secure Mahrez a new long-term deal. The 31-year-old winger was a key player for the Premier League champions last season, contributing 16 goals in 28 games.
– Chelsea are interested in joining the race for Frankie de Jong, includes Sport. The 25-year-old midfielder has been heavily linked with a Camp Nou exit this summer as Manchester United continue to try to reach an agreement with Barcelona, although the latest indicates they could now face competition from the side of Thomas Tuchel. , who are also looking to add to their midfield depth. De Jong is said to be available for a total fee of around £73million.
– Internazionale have met Torino as they try to strike a deal to bring Bremer at the San Siro, according to Gianluca Di Marzio. The 25-year-old central defender would prioritize a transfer to the Nerazzurri despite England’s interest, and Serie A sides have discussed the possibility of including the Inter midfielder Cesare Casadei under a player exchange agreement.
– Newcastle United want to land Marco Asensio, reports Sport. With Real Madrid looking to move the 26-year-old Spain international winger this summer, the Magpies have emerged as the latest open candidates to acquire him on a permanent transfer. Asensio has already been reported as keen on a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu as he seeks to earn regular minutes ahead of the start of the World Cup later this year.