The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Everton’s Lampard considering two signings
Everton keen to add Southampton full-back Kyle Walker-Peters and the Chelsea striker Armando Broja in their ranks, according to the Mirror.
Toffees manager Frank Lampard is a big fan of Walker-Peters, who has two caps for England, while Broja was at Chelsea while Lampard managed the Blues.
Broja, 20, has been on loan for the past two seasons, at Vitesse Arnhem and Southampton, but Chelsea are now keen to receive a fee for the striker. The Saints are reluctant to let 25-year-old Walker-Peters go and so the Toffees would have to make a serious offer if they want to land the attacking right-back. Lampard is also keen on signing a midfielder in the summer transfer window.
Everton transferred Richarlison to Tottenham Hotspur last week for a fee of £50m, with potentially a further £10m in add-ons. The Merseyside club had also faced the threat of legal action earlier this year over a potential breach of Premier League financial regulations.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– AS Roma are desperate to beat Internazionale to sign ex-Juventus striker Paulo Dybala, according to the Corriere dello Sport. The Argentine striker’s contract with Juve ended on June 30 and he is yet to commit to his next move despite a verbal agreement with Inter. However, the Nerazzurri — while offering a deal Roma would struggle to match — need to offload one or both Edin Dzeko Where Joaquin Correa before they could make any more attacking additions, which opened the door for Roma boss Jose Mourinho to steal a march on 28-year-old Dybala.
– Paris Saint-Germain may have to increase their offer for the Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca if they want to add him to their attacking options, according to Sky Sports Italy. The French champions have offered the Italian club €30m plus bonuses for the Italy international, but Sassuolo chief executive Giovanni Carnevali is holding closer to €50m. The 23-year-old scored 16 goals in 38 appearances last season.
– Arsenal consider signing Lyon midfielder Lucas Paqueta and the Lille winger Edon Zhegrova, according to the Sun. Paqueta, 24, is said to have turned down several clubs and Arsenal will have to persuade him that this is the right club for the Brazil international. Meanwhile, Zhegrova is a surprise option to fill Arsenal’s wide slots for the Gunners. The 23-year-old is seen as a more profitable option than the Leeds United winger and Barcelona target Raphinha.
– Barcelona keen to poach Chelsea captain Cesar Azpilicueta before the Blues disappeared on their pre-season tour this weekend, according to the Sun. The Catalan club are looking to add depth to their defense and see the experienced Azpilicueta as the perfect complement. The Spaniard’s contract at Stamford Bridge ended in the summer but has been automatically renewed for another season, meaning Barcelona will have to negotiate a small fee with Chelsea if they want to land the 32-year-old.
– Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag is looking to beat his former club Ajax Amsterdam to the striker’s signature Brian Brobbey, according to the Times. Ajax had been in talks with RB Leipzig, with whom Brobbey appears to have no future, but Ten Hag believes he can give the 20-year-old a try at Old Trafford. Brobbey played just 124 minutes in the Bundesliga before returning to Ajax on loan, and was widely expected to join his hometown club on a permanent transfer this summer. Brobbey would cost United between £13m and £17m, and he scored 10 goals in 23 games under Ten Hag in his previous spell at the club.