The summer transfer window is approaching, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Chelsea, PSG and Atletico follow Lautaro Martinez
Clubs across Europe are set to step up the hunt to sign Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez, according to Tuttomercato, with Chelsea, Paris Saint-Germain and Atletico Madrid all said to be interested.
Martinez, 24, was linked with an exit away from San Siro last season but signed a new contract in October which saw him commit his future until 2026. However, with the Argentina international scoring 21 goals in In 35 Serie A appearances, speculation over the striker’s future has not gone away.
And as Simone Inzaghi’s side struggle with mounting debt and seek to raise funds in a bid to secure Chelsea’s loan repayment Romelu Lukaku, Martinez could be one of the players available for transfer. Chelsea are open to negotiations over a deal which could see players swap clubs.
PSG are also looking for another option up front, now that Kylian Mbappe has committed to the club, while Atletico need a replacement for Luis Suarez.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
09.23 BST: Barcelona held talks with Las Palmas over signing teenage midfielder Alberto Moleirosources told ESPN.
Barca have inquired about the cost of a transfer, with a view to agreeing a deal this summer but leaving Moleiro on loan at his current club until 2023.
The structure of the agreement discussed is similar to that which saw Pedri move to Camp Nou in 2019. Barca allowed the Spain international to spend another season at Las Palmas before officially moving to Catalonia in 2020.
Moleiro, 18, is already a regular with a Las Palmas side who narrowly missed out on promotion to La Liga this season, losing to Tenerife in the playoffs. An attacking midfielder who also played wide at times, he scored three goals and added one more in 37 appearances.
09.04 BST: Manchester United are ready to compete with Liverpool for the signing of Benfica striker Darwin Nunezsources told ESPN.
United are looking for a young striker this summer and 22-year-old Nunez is high on their squad list.
Liverpool have also shown interest and sources have told ESPN that United will not be put off even if it means facing the Anfield side.
Nunez, sources say, is keen on regular Champions League football which would put Liverpool ahead in the race, but United believe there is a chance he will be convinced to move to Old Trafford.
Sources have told ESPN that one issue for United and Liverpool is Benfica’s valuation.
08:30 BST: Alexandre Lacazette returned to Lyon on a free transfer after leaving Arsenal, the Ligue 1 club have announced.
The striker ended his five-year spell at the Emirates after his contract expired and signed a three-year deal at Lyon.
— Olympique Lyonnais (@OL) June 9, 2022
Lacazette’s future had been at the center of speculation for months and the announcement of his departure will come as no surprise. Lacazette said in April that he was in talks with several clubs as his contract neared the end of his contract and hinted that he wanted to join a team that is contesting the Champions League. Arsenal finished fifth last season, outside of the Champions League places. Lyon finished in eighth place in Ligue 1.
Lacazette joined Arsenal from Lyon in 2017 and has made 206 appearances in all competitions, scoring 71 goals. He was Arsenal’s top scorer in the 2017-18 and 2020-21 seasons and is among the club’s top 10 all-time goalscorers in the Premier League.
Shaka Hislop offers hope to Premier League teams looking to prevent Manchester City from dominating.
– Sevilla added the midfielder from the United States Men’s National Team Tyler Adams to their shortlist as they look to bolster their midfield options this summer, according to AS. It has been reported that the LaLiga club are looking for a replacement for Fernando Reges which can also have an impact at both ends of the field. Adams, 23, made 37 appearances for RB Leipzig last season.
– Paris Saint-Germain consider making a move towards Inter defender Milan Skriniar, writes Le Parisien. The Ligue 1 side are now looking to add reinforcements to their defense after successfully securing a new deal for Kylian Mbappe, and Skriniar is wanted. The 27-year-old continued to impress last season after shining in Inter’s 2020-21 title-winning campaign, and played 35 times in the league for the Nerazzurri in 2021-22.
– Southampton are moving fast to find a replacement for Fraser Forster after joining Tottenham Hotspur, and identifying the Manchester City goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu, reports the Daily Mail. The 20-year-old Republic of Ireland international spent last season on loan at Portsmouth and could be allowed to leave the Etihad Stadium permanently for a fee of around £10million.
– Wolves could hold £70m if they were to part ways Ruben Neves, according to the Daily Telegraph. The Portugal international has attracted a lot of interest since the end of the season and could be ready to leave Molineux in search of a new challenge. He was a standout player for Bruno Lage’s side last season but their high valuation for the 25-year-old midfielder could make a move difficult.
– Inter made an offer of 5 million euros per season to Paulo Dybala, reveals Calciomercato. Representatives for the 28-year-old striker met the club on Wednesday as the player is available on a free transfer from Juventus. But it is reported that there is still some way to go before a deal can be agreed, with the Argentina international looking for around £7million per season. Dybala has scored 10 goals in 29 appearances for the Bianconeri last season, although he will leave the club on June 30 having been unable to accept a new contract in Turin.
– Sources told ESPN Mexico that Club America are looking to sign Jürgen Damm on a six-month contract. The Mexican winger has been without a club since February when Atlanta United bought out his contract after falling out of favor with head coach Gonzalo Pineda. He made 24 appearances in two seasons with Atlanta, registering four assists and no goals. Club America sees Damm as a gamble due to his months of inactivity, but there will be extension clauses if he plays well.